Industrial Refrigeration Technician
Founded in 1936, Growers Ice is the leader in providing precooling service and equipment to the fresh produce industry. No matter how large or small the project, Growers Ice is able to handle any operation with precision and expertise based on over 75 years of industry experience. Join our team today!
Growers Ice Company is hiring Experienced Industrial Refrigeration Technicians and Traveling Technicians for their California based operations.
Offers an Industry Leading Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Paid training included. Position will encompass installation, repair, and maintenance of Refrigeration Systems. Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of Refrigeration Experience. Wages are experience and knowledge based, DOE. Stationary Engineers Local 39 union position.
- Experience repairing and maintaining reciprocating and screw compressors.
- Ability to troubleshoot systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot pump recirculating systems and liquid transfer systems.
- Perform hot and cold compressor and motor alignments.
- Install wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Test lines, components, and connections for leaks.
- Troubleshoot computerized refrigeration control panels and microprocessors.
- Strong Electrical Background and Knowledge of PLC Controllers.
- 3 years of Refrigeration experience required.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and clean driving record.
- RETA Certification.
- Bilingual Spanish (a plus).
- Emergency Response Training (a plus).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.