Assistant Manager Operations - Night
Growers Express was founded in 1987 by eight produce growers who all believed in the same worthy values—producing and providing their premium quality products, ensuring a consistent year-round supply and offering superior service. Green Giant™ Fresh selected Growers Express to exclusively license branded lettuces and mixed vegetables to their impressive line in 1995.
The Assistant Manager of Operations – Night reports directly to the Operations Manager. This position is responsible for night/swing shift activities; packaging, inventory, distribution, shipping and minor receiving items. The position requires supervisory skills and knowledge of warehouse, distribution, and inventory management. Person will assist night crew and insure the timely and accurate loading of produce.
- Work directly with the Operations Manager to efficiently manage and direct timely order execution for OTR, LTL and company truck activities.
- Organize and delegate responsibilities to optimize workflow efficiency.
- Execute night operational planning; receiving, packaging, picking, and shipping.
- Update and maintain ERP (AX System) inventory; in-flow production, pick management, product tracking, BOL (Bills-of-Lading), ship manifest and EOD (End-of-Day).
- Maintain cost controls (goals, KPI’s & labor).
- Ensure employees are trained on company procedures and SOP’s.
- View and maintain operational data, written and digital.
- Identify, record and request plant maintenance when needed.
- Manage personnel issues such as time card, vacation, absences, and performance assessment/reviews.
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ warehouse and/or other experience (education or other essential functions and responsibilities).
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, with others and demonstrated results in motivating crews to achieve daily goals.
- Proven ability to handle and complete multiple tasks on a timely basis.
- Employee must pass a background check, pre-employment post offer drug screen and lifting test.
- Employee must have a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated, goal oriented supervisory skills.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Familiar with standup and sit-down truck lifts.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Fluency/literacy in English, a second language such as Spanish, French or Arabic is desired.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Will be responsible for personal development and actions of employees.
- Ability to work different shifts then assigned as business needs fluctuate.
- Software skills, including Microsoft office and web-based applications needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.