Although our business has grown rapidly over the years, we are very grateful to our loyal customers, growers and staff. Despite our size, we continue to be, first and foremost, a family business. The ability of our professional in-house team, to keep the finger on the pulse and ear to the ground, ensures we always present the best opportunities for our customers.
We are searching for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our Villa Transportation team (an affiliate of Great West Produce Co) in Commerce, CA.
As a Warehouse Supervisor you are responsible for coordinating the orders, routing, distributions and deliveries for Great West Produce. You are also responsible for developing and motivating shift associates to ensure efficient, safe operations with maximum service to our customer.
- Routes daily local deliveries orders and coordinates dispatching.
- Reviews associate scheduling to insure proper shift coverage.
- Daily communication with Warehouse Manager, Sales and Receiver on all operational situations.
- Maintains communication with Route drivers to ensure on time deliveries.
- Ensure associates have the proper equipment to start the workday (safety shoes and vest).
- Monitors safety and GMP programs of Great West.
- Monitors the running of the pick documents and labels for daily routes and specials deliveries.
- Monitors the proper picking and loading sequence of all scheduled deliveries.
- Confirms all transferred product and cross dock product ordered for or from Vernon facility.
- Communicates with sales team on shortages and late customer deliveries.
- Audits orders pulled by pickers throughout the night.
- Ensures all process and procedures are followed on established work methods.
- Conducts observations and administers coaching and counseling per Great West policy.
- To train, develop, motivate, manage and control associates to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Maintain sanitation program per Great West policy.
- Reviews results of pick-rates and loading errors on a daily basis with associates and Warehouse Manager and will be reviewed once a week with a summary report.
- Manage dock and yard flow for all inbound deliveries.
- Ensures proper storage and rotation of all products and supplies.
- Maintain security of the warehouse.
- Maintain cleaning schedule and records to ensure Good Manufacturing Practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional driving, requiring up-to-date car insurance.
- Flexible schedule.
- 2+ years lead warehouse experience.
- Good people and interpersonal skills.
- Fork Lift and Electric Pallet Jack certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.