Accounts Receivable Specialist
Although our business has grown rapidly over the years, we are very grateful to our loyal customers, growers and staff. Despite our size, we continue to be, first and foremost, a family business. The ability of our professional in-house team, to keep the finger on the pulse and ear to the ground, ensures we always present the best opportunities for our customers.
We are searching for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team in Commerce, California.
- Maintain up-to-date billing system
- Posts customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Process credit card payments
- Prepare bank deposits
- Follow up on, collect and allocate payments
- Carry out billing, collection and reporting activities according to specific deadlines
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Generate weekly statements
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Create Credit Memo's and Adjustments when necessary
- Creating New Customer Accounts in System as well as checking credit for open terms.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally
- 2+ years of Accounts Receivable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, Outlook, QuickBooks
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills, creative and self-disciplined
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.