The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
We have a great opportunity for a sales representative to join our apple, pear and kiwifruit team in Wenatchee, WA. The ideal candidate will be a motivated team member who is ready to work in a dynamic fast paced environment. Our member should have experience in the produce industry.
Reporting to the Division Manager, our team member will perform daily sales activities supplying our nationwide customer base with high quality products. Managing existing accounts and establishing new contacts will be top priority for this candidate.
We believe in exceeding our customers’ expectations, and we know that every person in our organization plays a key role in making that happen. If you’re currently working in produce sales and are looking for that perfect opportunity with a great company, we’re offering a challenging sales position for the right person.
- Achieve budgeted sales volume objectives and average sales price by product. Ultimately, contribute to company profitability.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions, and goals.
- Grow distribution and placement in both new and existing accounts.
- Develop and communicate strategies to grow customer base.
- Help develop and maintain domestic grower base.
- Work collaboratively to ensure optimal customer service and support.
- Prospect and develop relationships with customer through anticipating needs, product knowledge, and committing to their success.
- Track daily inventory levels, product quality, and best channels for distribution to maximize our growers’ returns.
- Manage sales order entry functions and multiple channels of communication.
- Relay pertinent customer needs and promotional opportunities to marketing and management teams to develop promotional programs.
- New customer development through cold calling and marketing trips where appropriate.
- Self-starter and highly motivated with aggressive sense of time management to move a perishable commodity.
- Diligently and timely assisting Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Team.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and trust.
- Actively support all team members and their functions.
- Actively participate in additional company projects and activities.
- 3 - 4 years’ minimum of sales experience in the fresh produce industry.
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent Spanish a plus.
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Self-starter who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines.
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion with key customers.
- In-depth produce industry knowledge and experience.
- Enthusiastic approach to problem solving.
- Excellent selling skills and an ability to adapt to different customer types.
- High degree of collaboration within the sales team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficient.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.