General Produce LLC. is the largest full line wholesale produce house in the southeast. For over 50 years we have committed to providing the finest service to our customers. We are now a proud member of the Castellini Group of Companies where we continue to focus on exceeding our customer expectation through our people, continuous improvement, innovation and technology.
We are looking to add an Outside Salesperson to the team in Conley, Georgia.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the produce industry and the objectives and goals of the client.
- Continuously pursue new clients to consistently grow the business.
- Manage and maintain current business needs to ensure customer satisfaction and future contracts.
- Methodically be positioned to encounter, present and close deals with decision makers.
- Utilize customer service abilities to facilitate and maintain long lasting relationships with all clients, vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate pricing and prepare service contract agreements for new and existing customers.
- Cold call and manage cold call list to include number of clients contacted, appointments set, presentations conducted and new accounts closed.
- Reporting and tracking of expense reports and any other reporting necessary.
- Attend Trade shows and additional events that may allow for further exposure.
- Minimum 3+ years produce sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or similar business experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills to include Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Deadline driven and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic mind set.
- Team player willing to assist where necessary.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task while effectively fulfilling objectives.
- People oriented, excellent interpersonal skills and perception.
- Motivated and sales oriented.
- 70% Travel required.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.