Laboratory and Technical Assistant
FRUIT GROWERS SUPPLY COMPANY (FGS) has a vacancy for an Environmental Laboratory and Technical Assistant in our Exeter location. FGS is a cooperative association that provides Sunkist Growers and others in the agricultural community with most materials and resources required to grow, harvest, package and ship citrus.
Fruit Growers Supply Company is a dynamic organization and is continually evaluating changes to meet the needs of our customers and has grown along with the West's citrus production after being organized in 1907. We offer an excellent benefits and competitive salary package including 401(k).
- Packing house parameter testing including solution concentrations, pH, temperature, etc.
- Food safety swabbing and reporting.
- Preparation of media for micro testing.
- Performs residue and environmental type analysis.
- Assists managers and project leader in testing of coatings and storage methods.
- Assists in research projects in decay control and fruit treatments.
- Keep a clean work space in the laboratory.
- Assist in making NaOH titrating solution for the citrus and grape industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 year degree required, a bachelor’s degree in a science or equivalent related field preferred.
- Experience in the post-harvest industry including fruit handling and applied research desired, but not required.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a QAL or PCA license through the California Department of Pesticide Regulation.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver's license. May be required to travel away from home as business dictates.
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.