Marketing and Sales Associate
Opportunity is knocking! At FreshPoint we understand that building a great company is just like creating a great meal - you must have all the right ingredients. For us, those ingredients are the cultures, backgrounds, ideas, and experiences behind our diverse workforce that embodies FreshPoint. FreshPoint is a leader in selling, marketing and distributing produce, dairy and other food products to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from the home.
We are currently looking for a dynamic Marketing/Sales Associate for the Monterey- Santa Cruz territory.
- Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Participate in company functions, promotions, customer visits, and customer events.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Review and analyze daily and weekly sales reports for sales penetration opportunities.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Assist with the training of new employees as requested.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects in accordance with Company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develop a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 YRS Foodservice sales experience.
- 1-2 years of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- Basic pc skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory.
- Valid driver's license with a "clean" driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years).
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury - $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage - $100,000 is required.
- Must pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts preferred.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company's products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help FreshPoint customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company.
This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) in order to successfully meet customers' needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.