Fresh Select LLC is a packer facility of fresh fruit in Central California. Currently, we are looking for a Tally Clerk to join our team! We specialize in tree fruit, pomegranates, and citrus. This product mix allows the facility to operate on a year-round basis.
The Tally Clerk is responsible for tallying finished goods, inventory and applies the correct tally ticket for traceability.
- Creates barcodes/tags to identify product by entering quantity, destination and location for packed product.
- Ensures the correct tally tag gets applied to the correct pallet.
- Competently and efficiently operate scanning equipment.
- Utilizes calculator to perform basic math functions.
- Reads labels and packaging to insure compliance with labeling protocols.
- Communicates with leads and supervisors.
- Records amounts of materials received or distributed and performs physical inventories as necessary.
- Uses computer to enter ALL data entry information or records.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in similar food industry warehouse positions preferred.
- FAMOUS Software preferred.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; and able to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Process knowledge of warehousing and Inventory systems (bar coding/scanning).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and machinery.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate- high.
- Position may require extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- MUST have flexibility in working any shift.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.