Territory Sales Manager
Fresh Avenue connects our producer partners of fresh fruit and vegetables to buyers and customers throughout the US and Canada. Fresh Avenue brings a national sales presence along with great regional support to grow our customer’s business.
Currently we are searching for a talented customer service orientated Territory Sales Manager for the Northeastern United States. This unique candidate will have broad responsibilities for our new business attainment objectives and in sustaining and growing sales to existing customers. You will work with regional and national restaurant chains, distributors and retailers to build positive and profitable business relationships through direct interaction and support in the marketplace.
Regular travel within your targeted territory is required. You must have solid and working knowledge of the fresh produce/fresh food segment.
- Establish new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, provided leads, networking and referrals.
- Plans, organizes, leads and controls sales (prices and volume), purchasing, warehousing personnel to improve profitability and customer relations.
- Provide accurate and timely price quotations to customers and prospects.
- Participates in customer and vendor relations to increase sales volume and acquire quality products at reasonable prices.
- Prepares current estimates of future financial performance and is responsible for accuracy of such estimates.
- 1-3 years of produce related experience.
- Proficiency with all aspects of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel.
- Should be technically oriented with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivation, a high level of integrity and a solid work ethic are required.
- Must demonstrate good time management skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and close sales.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.