Produce Marketing Executive Manager
The Fredericksburg Peach Company LLC is a subsidiary company of The Great Taste Of Texas Inc. Established in 1984, the company is located just west of Austin, TX in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. As a grower and shipper of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables in Central Texas, the company has built its reputation and business on providing our customers with excellent quality and customer service.
In addition to farming over 400 acres in Texas, our company markets for over 30 local Texas Growers within the state. We are a rapidly growing company with industry leading technology, and are expanding into organic production with the addition of state of the art retractable roof greenhouses. Our primary market is within Texas and surrounding states to retail grocers and food service distributors.
The Fredericksburg Peach Company is seeking a Fresh Produce Marketing Executive/Manager who has both produce sales, and buying experience. The candidate will need strong organizational and leadership skills to manage both Sales and Operations staff. This is a “hands on” position that will require outstanding communication skills, integrity, commitment, and a passion for the job and the industry as a whole.
- Work closely with our approved growers/suppliers, procuring fresh produce on a daily basis.
- Communicate closely with each customer’s procurement team to ensure orders are met in full, deliver on time, and meet the customer’s quality expectations.
- Coordinate daily with our operations, shipping and transportation departments.
- Analyze each produce category and maintain relationships with customer’s replenishment teams to continue the reputation of the company as a dependable quality supplier, with excellent category and customer-specific knowledge.
- Maintain a consistently high level of professionalism and organization, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Provide outstanding leadership for the successful day-to-day operations.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with suppliers to ensure continuity of supply, favorable pricing, and consistency of product quality.
- Work closely with quality control personnel to review product consistency while monitoring shrink rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Assure that all growers and suppliers will be able to fill projected volumes as required to meet customer’s demands, on schedule, and meeting the quality specifications.
- Provide daily reports and updates as required by customers and executive management.
- Monitor operational expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining productivity and product quality.
- Maintain productivity levels and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain and support a superior food safety program.
- Monitoring inventory levels and ensuring replenishment at best price and quality.
- Meet annual targets for sales, gross margin and net margin.
- Ensure compliance with all laws.
- Report directly to the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Agriculture, or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent customer service; projecting a positive image, engaging with customers and grower/shippers.
- Self-starter who is flexible, highly adaptable, capable of working in a fast-paced environment, able to multi-task, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers and suppliers.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize and balance costs.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and oral/written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, initiative and passion for the agricultural/produce industry.
- Knowledge of MS office platform and Quickbooks.
- Willing to relocate to Central Texas.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.