Four Star Sales is a large grape grower seeking an enthusiastic salesperson in the Delano, Ca area.
We offer excellent benefits including health insurance, life insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, and 401K.
- Develop and manage established as well as new customers, by selling produce items to achieve sale and profitability goals.
- Utilizing other resources to assist with opportunities and new account openings.
- Develop and grow existing customers and maximize profitable sales; make sales presentations to all customers on an agreed-upon and consistent basis.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balance due based on approved credit terms.
- Research customer business needs and development mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends, recommend ideas and products to customers, and utilize sampling, based on business needs and goals.
- Answer customer’s questions about products, prices, availability, and product uses.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Develop new business; identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Participate in division activities (e.g., sales meetings, food shows, promotion programs) in order to promote sales increase product knowledge, and maintain good customer relations.
- Perform administrative duties, such as preparing sales budgets and reports, maintaining.
- Sales records, preparing price quotes and menu suggestions, and filing reports.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- 5-7 years of produce sales experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Travel required.
- Experience with customer service, outside sales, client relationship management, prospecting, negotiating, and presenting.
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels, to act quickly and decisively, to work independently and deliver results.
- Team player willing to assist where necessary.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to multi-task while effectively fulfilling objectives.
- People oriented, excellent interpersonal skills and perception.
- Motivated and sales oriented.
- Deadline driven and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.