Senior Farm Manager
Exeter Produce is a highly-diversified growing, packing and shipping operation located in the heart of the agriculturally rich South Western Ontario, Canada. Products grown by Exeter Produce include: Bell Peppers, Cabbage, Beans, Rutabagas and grain crops.
Exeter Produce is seeking an experienced Senior Farm Manager with a strong background in horticulture, Ag Business, farm operations, quality and productivity.
As the Senior Farm Manager, you are responsible for directing all activities necessary to operate and support our farms at a maximum efficiency. You will accomplish this by working with cross-functional teams to ensure that long range goals, strategies, plans and policies are followed. You will also collaborate with the Management in creating an efficient operations plan that meets company safety policy and budget standards.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader with a balance of agriculture-business acumen, ethics, team-building and people skills. They will be able to work independently and collaboratively performing multiple-level projects in conjunction with daily activities. They will be organized, labour efficiency minded, a team player and have communication skills.
- Direct and coordinate the overall operations of the farms.
- Manage a team of Farm Managers, regular and seasonal employees
- Responsible for leadership, training and coaching in harmonious working climate, while maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- Overall operations of the farms, including farm development, irrigation, application/pest management. Fertilizer and seed purchases, training and harvesting.
- Establish goals, direction and vision while strategically planning all projects with management.
- Identify equipment improvements, changes and or replacements.
- Budget and manage farm to ensure efficient and profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities.
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of management.
- Minimum of degree in an agricultural field of study, such as soil science, Ag business, plant Science, agronomy or equivalent experience.
- 5 Years’ experience in farm production management.
- Must have experience with horticulture.
- Strong leadership and decision making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage a team oriented culture.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude, irrigation knowledge and harvesting knowledge.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and be resourceful.
- Results oriented manager.
- Ability to plan ahead and to look at the whole picture.
- Health and Food Safety knowledge.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, an asset.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.