Eagle Eye Produce is a premiere grower shipper with more than 30,000 acres under cultivation. We grow in multiple states in the United States as well as several locations in Mexico. Our focus is to provide our customers with a year-round supply of the products we grow. These items include; several Potato varieties including organics, Onions, Watermelon, Nogales Vegetables (Tomatoes, Peppers, Squash, Cucumbers), and Table Grapes. Additionally, we own and operate several state of the art production facilities across the United States. With Sales offices from New York to California, our team of experienced staff is dedicated to meeting our customer’s needs.
We are looking for a Sales Associate in the Potato and Onion division!
This person will be responsible for future growth of sales in the Red, Yellow and Organic Russet Potato category. They must build and maintain new customer relationships as well as maintain current customer relationships. They will seek out and find new opportunities for future business development, including additional growers and suppliers. This person will assist in developing business plans and strategies to continue growth, meet and exceed goals defined in the business plan. Work as a member of the team and assist those around you in all capacities that you’re responsible for.
- Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets
- Ensure the collection of all account receivables on the sales you make and make sure that each customer is within acceptable terms
- Strategize and focus your efforts on growing the red, yellow and organic potato category
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Identify new product and market opportunities, find ways to capitalize on them
- Prepare sales action plans and schedules, travel as needed to execute these plans
- Develop and maintain sales and promotional materials
- Participate in sales events like trade fairs and exhibitions
- Manage and perform within a budget as given by the company and contribute to the bottom line profitability of the company
- Maintain a leading-edge awareness of the changing business and market trends in the industry by attending workshops, studying published materials and communicating with other individuals in the produce industry to be aware of upcoming changes and share this knowledge with the sales staff to ensure that we stay ahead of the competition
- 3 - 5 years’ sales experience in the fresh fruit and vegetable industry
- Solid understanding of the fresh pack potato industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of industry related software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be a good negotiator, innovative and persuasive
- Must be energetic, confident and willing to work hard, there are times projects will require late hours and a lot of leg work is involved to finish a project
- Experience in developing marketing and sales strategies
- Must be able to make presentations and achieve sales targets
- Proven ability to motivate and lead those you collaborate with
- Strong will and an internal desire to succeed, needs to be self-motivated
- Ability to recognize and define problems, find possible solutions and execute a plan to overcome them
- Timeliness and Excellent Time Management skills
- Professional and polished demeanor when working with others
- Degree in business or sales related field
- Experience with Famous Software
- Good team player within a target-driven environment
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.