Business Development Manager
Produce processing facility located in Ohio. We are dedicated in providing our customers with quality service and distribution.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager in Central Ohio.
Responsible for overseeing the development of business opportunities and revenue producing contracts for all company products and services with both existing and new clients including broker networks as necessary. Directs all aspects of sales and the business development cycle. Identifies and pursues sales opportunities, makes product presentations, prospects new business relationships, and obtains sales contracts. Coordinates closely with other departments to ensure that ordered products and services are delivered within scheduled deadlines. Projects and maintains the company’s professional image. Keeps senior management aware of area activities and significant problems.
- Manage fresh produce business development activities to drive the organization towards stated goals and objectives.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers within the client organization.
- Responsible for calling clients, making presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict client’s future needs.
- Cold call as appropriate within market to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Lead all trade shows.
- Establish and maintain relationships within industry boards, growers, handlers, regulatory bodies and other groups such as broker networks as necessary to conduct briefings, professional presentations, and informational sessions.
- Maintains in depth knowledge of client operations, systems, products, and needs.
- Writes proposals and negotiates pricing of services and contracts with clients.
- Ensures that all sales and business development interactions are professional, effective, and mutually beneficial to both the client and the Company.
- Attends and participates in meetings as assigned.
- Completes records, reports, and documents as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Sales versus Budget.
- Sales versus Year Ago.
- Number of presentation
- Shows attended
- Number of new accounts landed
- Sales contacts, including cold calls, follow-ups, and contract closings are professionally conducted. Sales activities support specific product goals.
- All related records are complete and current.
- Professional relations exist with clients, customers, and external business contacts.
- Good communication and effective working relations exist with other departments.
- The Company’s professional reputation is projected in all sales contacts.
- Sales goals for assigned products are met or exceeded.
- Positive growth for EBITDA.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of retail and direct distribution channels and promotions strategies. In depth understanding of the business environment.
- Six or more years of related business development and sales experience. At least two years of supervisory experience.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent presentation and writing abilities.
- Able to organize and coordinate projects.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Works well on a team.
- Able to use all related hardware and software; extremely computer literate.
- Frequent local travel.
- Frequent out-of-town travel
- Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and selling price; ratio and proportion and percentage.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.