DLJ Produce was founded in 1993 with the goal of bridging the communication and building partnerships among growers, shippers, retailers and foodservice customers. Currently DLJ Produce ships to more than 20 states, and several countries and has working relationships with more 150 growers and shippers around the world. The DLJ Produce import program represents over 10 countries globally with year-round shipments available. The DLJ Produce domestic program along with the import program allows DLJ to provide year-round conventional and organic fresh products featuring sales and marketing expertise to our many supply partners.
We are looking for a produce professional to join our established team.
This associate will be responsible for communicating with growers, shippers and customers building and developing relationships while assisting the sales team.
- Full time duties include coordinating and identifying suppliers for both organic and conventional produce
- Responsible for negotiating pricing, quality and ensuring the supply of the best product with the best pricing
- Make purchasing decisions and manage the process for order fulfillment
- Work with senior management and administrative staff on additional projects as needed.
- Input, track, and review sales orders and monitor inventory level
- High school diploma or equivalent along with a minimum of 3-5 years of produce experience preferred
- Produce buying experience or equal knowledge
- Must have computer skills that include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Famous Software is preferred
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.