A dynamic and growing nationwide produce company is looking for a highly motivated produce professional to join our team on the West Coast. We’re offering a very competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate, plus plenty of opportunity in a company with a great reputation, top-notch team, and enviable work environment. Send us your resume if are a strong leader and creative problem-solver who can manage our Sales team and increase our sales.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for increasing sales by marketing and selling to customers including actionable recommendations and fast solutions to client requests. The Sales Manager will also be accountable for developing and maintaining customer relationships, and will possess the ability to lead and motivate the sales team and ensure cross department communication. The Sales Manager will have the ability to educate others about marketing plans to ensure company continuity.
- Provide leadership to the day-to-day operations of the sales department, while maintaining focus on the Company’s strategic goals
- Establish and implement short and long term departmental goals
- Aggressively seek to improve sales revenue in line with established sales targets
- Provide sales support and superior customer service to existing customers while also acquiring new clientele
- Successfully promote a customer-focused work ethic in tune with the company’s core values and principles
- Maintain consistent working relationships in a rapidly changing, high pressure environment
- Detail-oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to manage complex projects
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written – ability to make presentations to customers, senior management and others
- Strong work ethic – ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines
- Creative problem-solver with ability to make decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to establish, build, and maintain business relationships
- Superior understanding of market trends and commodity attributes
- 3-5 years of successful selling experience in the produce and food service industry
- Produce industry knowledge and complete understanding of market conditions
- Attention to detail, including analytically minded approach to problems
- Ability to speak with customer contacts about complex issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Basic Computer knowledge & skills
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.