Director of Logistics #3150S
We are a fast-growing, innovative food company that specializes in healthy, good-for-you foods and snacks. We utilize state of the art processes, sustainable initiatives and have a big focus on food safety. Our employees are passionate foodies that love researching trends, ingredients and recipes. We are authentic and respectful, and always do right by our customers.
We are currently seeking a Director of Logistics who will be responsible for improving supply chain logistics and reducing transportation costs by developing a strong internal transportation team focused on providing our customers with outstanding service and competitive freight solutions. This person will lead the company’s refrigerated perishable transportation to customers across multiple channels (Club, Grocery, and Food Service) by negotiating favorable rates and optimizing shipments as well as collaborating with the procurement team to coordinate inbound deliveries of raw ingredients and manufacturing supplies.
- Performs strategic assessment of company and customer freight carriers, costs, load & lane optimization.
- Develops and implements transportation strategies that result in maximize utilization of company assets.
- Aligns freight management and transportation with customer requirements to ensure service levels and costs are optimized.
- Oversees fleet leasing programs, fleet maintenance and DOT regulations
- Monitors all inbound and outbound shipments, provides problem-solving resolutions and expedited solutions.
- Maintains strong industry knowledge and interfaces with all levels of internal and external customers to collaborate and educate on transportation costs, trends, and regulations.
- Develops metrics and vendor scorecards to measure and improve overall performance.
- Leads the development and implementation of company transportation programs, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, or related Business Management degree.
- 5+ year's logistics management experience with dry, refrigerated, and frozen food products.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and Enterprise Planning Systems (ERP).
- An advanced level of MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by truck, rail, air, and sea, including the relative costs and benefits.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.