Export Sales Manager - Asia #3243
With over 50 years of expertise in the produce industry, innovative and cutting edge grower/shipper/packer of vegetables, we are looking to hire a dynamic and creative-minded Export Sales Manager for our Asia market. This candidate should be passionate about international trade and has a reputation for being a star performer with the knowledge and understanding of the Japanese culture.
This position is based in beautiful San Diego California and we offer a competitive base and commission package.
- Communicate with customers daily, quoting MX/PE/US origin produce.
- Business Development: New and Current accounts.
- Target opportunities to better serve existing accounts and grow that business.
- Provide superior customer service to new and existing customers.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Identify and strategically pursue industry trends in fast-growing segments.
- Handling procurement from vendors.
- Consistently participate in monitoring aging product inventory and sell accordingly.
- Manage customer price quotes and volume allocations.
- Drive promotions and coordinate with operations relative to volumes, packs, and ship-dates.
- Hold customers accountable to price, volume and date range commitments.
- Attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and events to meet with prospective and current customers and identify new prospect customers.
- Travel as needed for customer and business development, both Internationally (about 4-6 times a year) and Domestically (1-2 events a year).
- B.S. with emphasis in Sales and Marketing.
- 5-years international sales management or equivalent produce experience.
- Fluent in Japanese mandatory (tri-lingual in Japanese, Spanish, and English a plus).
- Established track record for business account development.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.
- Strong computer skills, with experience with Famous a plus.
- Superb sales and negotiation skills.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision making.
- Highly personable with the ability to quickly build relationships.
- Ability to work odd hours as necessary to communicate with customers in different time zones.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.