FOB Salesperson #3265S
A strong, respected, and flourishing grower-shipper in the Salinas Valley is seeking to hire an exceptional and experienced FOB Salesperson to help drive sales of their CA/AZ leafy greens program. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. A top performer will receive top pay! Make no mistake, this is a top job for an exceptional salesperson who has proven themselves over the past 10 years or more, and with plenty of "fire in their belly" to make things happen!
Our client prides themselves on having a highly competitive compensation plan, which takes into consideration experience and prior achievements and then rewards performance. They also offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, vacation, sick leave, and a generous 401k plan.
- Initiate, develop, and execute sales for designated accounts across total product offering including all grades and sizes
- Maintain a zero-floor count across multiple warehouses
- Collect market information for various items across different grades and sizes and communicate in efficient manner to team
- Maintain relevant customer data in customer relationship management program
- Enter and track orders in Famous, I-trade, and other internet based ordering systems. Verify order entry and follow orders through to delivery
- Work with customers and accounting to resolve deductions and to enforce payment terms with regards to both days paid and credit balances
- Resolve all claims and arrival problems through proper documentation and inspections and communication with supply chain members
- Must be able to sell/develop new business as well as manage accounts
- 10 years of proven transactional sales experience
- Must have knowledge and experience with PACA rules and how to manage business accordingly
- Must be a team player with a can-do attitude
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the proven ability to work with everyone, from the field/warehouse, to customer, team-members, management, and ownership
- Must be versed in sales techniques, on the phone, in person, and in negotiation skills
- Must have proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Must have a good understanding of order system software (in-house and online)
- Must have a general understanding of receivables and deductions
- Must understand overall company sales priorities and work in a collaborative way to support the highest overall company profitability
- Being bilingual in Spanish is a plus
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.