Procurement Manager #3118S
We are a fast-growing, innovative food company that specializes in healthy, good-for-you foods and snacks. We utilize state of the art processes, sustainable initiatives and have a big focus on food safety. Our employees are passionate foodies that love researching trends, ingredients and recipes. We are authentic and respectful, and always do right by our customers.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of procurement strategies to ensure all quality measures, pricing controls, inventory management, and vendor relationships align with our core values and support the long-term success of our business.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in procurement for a food-based company with excellent sourcing and analysis skills. This person will also be involved in supporting new item development. This role has a dotted-line to the president of the company, and will provide leadership to 3 direct reports.
- Provides leadership to the procurement team regarding sourcing strategies, role expectations as well as developmental opportunities to build bench strength within the procurement function and to assist team members in achieving their full potential.
- Supports new product development projects by engaging suppliers regarding industry trends, identifying sources for new ingredients, on-boarding new vendors, providing costing projections, and achieving commercialization timelines.
- Maintains strong understanding of market conditions, documents market trends on key commodity driven items, communicates financial implications, and updates senior management on potential supply risks.
- Evaluates and generates a vendor/supplier performance scorecard based on quality, price, on-time delivery, inventory management and innovation.
- Travels to suppliers to perform audits and trains team members to participate in supplier audits.
- Negotiates terms and conditions with primary and secondary suppliers to ensure continuity of supply, favorable pricing, and consistency of product quality.
- Collaboratively shares market conditions, vendor contacts and sourcing information with cross-functional peers.
- Ensures product specifications of all ingredients meet Quality Assurance requirements and all vendor documentation is 100% complete and up to date.
- Develops procurement procedures aligned with SQF Level III program requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or related business field.
- Minimum of five years of food industry buying experience.
- Strong working knowledge of manufacturing ERP and MRP software systems and MS Office
- Demonstrated expertise in purchasing Organic and Non-GMO ingredients and working with Allergens.
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing quality programs (SQF, HACCP, and GMP’s).
- Strong leadership, communication and teambuilding skills.
- Solid negotiation skills.
- Great interpersonal skills and experience required to lead.
- Strong numerical skills and analytical abilities with advanced experience in Excel, report writing and other financial reporting and budget processes.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to understand the big picture role while simultaneously being comfortable digging into the details of the business.
- Enjoy the constant challenge of growing a business and be comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment that requires you to implement new processes.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and customers.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred, but not required
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.