Sales/FOB Sales #2048S
A full service, year-round produce broker is looking to add new talent to their team in Colorado. This is a unique opportunity to join a company with a fresh approach to brokering produce. The owner is already successful, and believes in hard work, fresh ideas, teamwork, and work/life balance. Their approach is a balance of strong customer relationships and the best technologies.
This unique opportunity is a great fit for a current FOB salesperson or broker with tomato, potato or onion experience who is looking to take their skills, experience and relationships, and apply them in an environment that provides UNLIMITED opportunities to earn and grow your business and income…..with support.
This opportunity provides full benefits, 401k, a base salary and an aggressive commission structure. This is one of those few and special occasions where we have seen a broker providing a “bridge” for someone to enter their business without 100% commission as the compensation plan. Get started with a good income and grow it to a GREAT income!
This company already has a great customer base, with customers who like doing business with them. They believe that they can sell more products to those same customers, with the right produce expert buying and selling the product(s). This is why a candidate with tomato expertise and relationships would be the perfect fit.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and be highly motivated to contribute to this growing organization. They’re looking for a personable and outgoing individual who can bring a positive attitude to their busy workplace every day. If you’re an experienced, energetic Salesperson who knows how to move product, we want to hear from YOU!
- Responsible for sales, planning, allocation, projections, materials ordering, inventory, buying and selling.
- Product/Category Manager: Ideally, you will have expertise that you’re adding to our organization. For example, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots are categories that would be incremental and synergistic to our current offerings.
- Responsible for marketing product and maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new customers in an effort to market the Company's product(s) in a manner designed to generate the highest possible return to the growers.
- Plan and achieve annual growth in account penetration through gross profit dollars and gross profit percentage.
- Add new shippers in new regions as supplies are needed.
- Prospect and secure new customers in the foodservice and retail trade channels.
- Achieve budgeted sales volume objectives, market penetration, and average sales price by product, and ultimately contribute to company profitability.
- Provide input as to relevant market information, strategies, visions and goals.
- Grow distribution and placement in both new and existing accounts.
- Develop and communicate strategies to grow market share and customer base.
- Manage budgets to ensure effectiveness and meet area targets.
- Work collaboratively to ensure optimal customer service and support.
- Self-starter with a produce sales background who has the passion and determination to work hard and meet or exceed goals.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in FOB sales and/or brokering with a record of achievement.
- Established industry contacts.
- Ability to analyze complex and changing market factors, evaluate alternative sales practices, and recommend or implement effective courses of action.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within general company guidelines.
- Possess a proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key customers.
- Understanding of the fresh produce supply-chain; annual supply/pricing dynamics, business operations, sales contract negotiation, distribution logistics, quality management and claims processing.
- Should be an assertive problem solver who looks beyond the standard solutions to overcome challenges and is comfortable working with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to make sound decisions and solve problems in a confident, decisive manner.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with Famous software.
- Availability to relocate to Colorado (relocation package offered).
This Job has a $1000 Referral Reward
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.