Quality Control Manager #3360
We need a Quality Control Manager to join our team in New York!
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage a Quality Control program that includes all food safety and food security guidelines involved in a conventional and organic lettuce packaging facility.
- Ensure compliance as it relates to FDA and USDA regulations, Raw and Finished Product Specifications and Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain a well-organized record keeping system in order to present any and all records at a moment’s notice.
- Implement Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program.
- Remain current on all regulatory requirements and law changes.
- Follow-up on customer complaints concerning product quality and wholesomeness.
- Seek continuous improvement on food safety and quality program.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in Food Science (BA/MS).
- Thorough knowledge of SQF guidelines.
- HACCP Plan Development Skills.
- Self, 2nd and 3rd Party Auditing.
- Knowledge of Fresh Vegetable Processing.
- Knowledge of SPC and Quality Control Statistics.
- Computer Skills – MS Office needed.
- Basic Laboratory Testing Techniques.
- This is a production facility based position with limited travel requirements.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time; work in variable climate conditions such as refrigerated rooms, wet production environments, noisy environments and work in proximity to moving equipment.
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs, bend and walk under equipment.
- Must be able to work variable hours, depending on business needs, including mornings, evenings and weekends.
- A willingness to utilize their educational experience as that applies to a constantly changing farm-to-fork continuum.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
- Good people skills – this position involves working closely with production personnel in a cold environment who are performing repetitious tasks at a rapid pace, and who may need guidance with proper food handling, i.e. GMPs, SOPs.
- Willingness to be flexible with potential daily issues that may include extended hours and assistance in all areas of the facility when and where needed.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.