IPM Manager - Greenhouse Tomatoes #3222S
Our client is the premier quality producer of year-round greenhouse tomatoes in New England. We are seeking an extremely knowledgeable professional for the position of IPM Manager. Reporting directly to the newly hired and highly respected Head Grower, this position is ideal for someone who has exceptional skills in Integrated Pest Management in a greenhouse tomato growing environment. We are looking for a strong leader with an innovative and hands-on approach to instilling and reinforcing a preventative, pro-active environment to make certain that all integral parts of IPM is carried out.
The IPM Manager will ensure the early detection and accurate reporting of pest and disease observations along with implementing and evaluating all controls and treatments. The IPM Manager will also ensure Bio-security and sanitation practices are monitored appropriately. The successful candidate will have the enthusiasm, credibility, openness, and maturity to engage and collaborate with team members, suppliers, management and customers.
- Oversee the daily IPM efforts to maximize efficiency and accurate extension of the introduction of bees, beneficials and chemical treatments.
- Directly manage and mentor 4 team leaders.
- Plan the IPM budget and manage toward achieving daily, weekly, monthly, and annual labor goals.
- Work with consultants as needed.
- Keep up to date with pest and disease status and make educated recommendations for control.
- Organize and carry out treatments with careful consideration of ALL aspects of plant and crop conditions.
- Manage the work to comply with company implemented quality guidelines and implement all food safety/GAP rules and regulations.
- Work together with the Crop Care, Quality, Pick and Pack, Human Resources and Management to execute departmental goals.
- Contribute to a positive and safe work environment, implementing and supporting company policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in IPM.
- Possess a full understanding of how the Crop Care works and be able to train employees.
- Well-versed in USDA regulations for labeling, safety and harvesting.
- Must become a Licensed Pesticide Applicator.
- In depth knowledge of greenhouse growing of tomatoes a must.
- Experience with various techniques including drip, fogging and spraying.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Experience managing complex budgets.
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience in a production agricultural environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker that is results focused.
- Approaches responsibility with a strong sense of ownership and commitment to excellence.
- Detail-oriented yet able to see the “big picture”.
- Ability to use sound judgment to solve complex problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in both oral and written communication.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with vendors, clients, and company employees.
- Ability to handle rapidly changing situations in a dynamic industry.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.