Food Safety Manager
The primary roles of this position are to gather information related to social responsibility and Food Safety GAP / GMP Audits, Customer request for food safety and responsible sourcing audits.
- Investigate potential food safety and social responsibility issues and determine appropriate solutions and corrective actions at facilities.
- Develop, maintain, and revise updates of all social responsibility and Quality and Food Safety SOPs.
- Write and carry out Preventive Control Plans for 4-6 remote locations.
- Perform special projects on analytical information related to social responsibility and Food Safety.
- Support teams in selecting measures and setting up social responsibility and food safety reporting systems.
- Provide input and recommendations for the selection of social responsibility and food safety improvement projects.
- Coordinate and/or facilitate improvement project teams among growers.
- Assist sourcing in related to social responsibility and Food Safety services.
- Maintain grower/ shipper objectives related to food safety and social responsibility.
- Monitor and report on metrics and progress toward goals.
- Recommend test and inspection equipment as required to achieve goals.
- Work with sourcing teams to establish product quality standards.
- May serve as a representative of the social responsibility and Food Safety team in coordinating support and maintenance of our quality system.
- Assist in the development of social responsibility and food safety related policy objectives.
- Must follow all instruction related to Food Defense, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Agricultural Practices and HACCP program.
- Must stop and report to the Food Safety Department any problem or irregular situation they are made aware related to food safety or social responsibility.
- Enforce security and food safety standards, policies, and programs related to preventive controls and third party standards, regulatory standards, and food safety training programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good computer skills (Word , Access, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to set and attain goals, initiate action to resolve problems and improve products and processes.
- Must be able to provide concise executive summaries of food safety issues, summaries changes needed or made to processes.
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with a variety of people at various technical and management levels.
- Must be able to maintain confidentially of information and work in crises situation.
- Speak and write Spanish.
- In-depth knowledge of quality principles and technical tools.
- Associate (or higher) degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Formal training in quality, planning, tools and analysis.
- Working knowledge of various agriculture processes.
- Working knowledge of FSMA , FDA- compliant, process control and quality system management related to agriculture.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.