VP of Finance/CFO #2936S
Our client, an established and fast-growing grower-packer-shipper-distributor of fresh and conventional organic produce with over $200 million in annual revenues, is searching for an experienced CFO to join their senior management team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management functions of the company, including the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development, implementation, and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
This individual will use their high-level finance, strategic planning, and cost accounting experience in large manufacturing company environments to achieve the following responsibilities:
- Management Team Member - Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team. Provide analytical insight and perspective while, at the same time, providing the details necessary to make fact based decisions. Actively contribute to the evaluation and execution of the company’s strategic and business plans. Engage proactively in ongoing operational and organizational initiatives to improve profitability, drive revenue, and identify opportunities to continually improve the business financially. Actively participate in the selection and implementation of any new computer (ERP, payroll, etc.) systems with other department heads.
- Department Management - Oversee and direct treasury, financial planning, internal and external reporting, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, and insurance activities for the organization. Hire, direct, and control finance and accounting personnel for the company. Set goals and objective, provide formal and informal feedback and ensure the development of the finance and accounting staff. Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to the finance organization that fosters an environment of problem solving, improved business practices, and which attracts and retains financial talent.
- Planning - Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and developing tactical initiatives. Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans. Develop financial and tax strategies to support the company’s strategic and tactical plans. Manage the capital request and budgeting process. Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction. Assist and contribute to any M&A activities from a financial and strategic planning perspective.
- Operations - Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team. Maintain positive work relationships with all members of the management team. Manage any third parties to which administrative or financial functions have been out-sourced. Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems. Implement operational best practices. Supervise acquisition due diligence and participate in acquisition negotiations.
- Financial Information - Oversee the development and issuance of forward-looking and actionable financial information for management personnel and for the advisory board. Oversee a disciplined and systematic financial reporting process. Provide an integrated process that uses metrics to measure, assess, and benchmark performance and analyze operating trends against clearly defined financial targets. Create monitoring systems that promote accountability, identify risks and opportunities, and allow for contingency planning. Develop robust cost accounting processes for the company’s package products.
- Risk Management - Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile. Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and legal issues affecting the industry. Develop, implement, and monitor reliable internal control systems. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage. Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements and the record keeping systems meet the requirements of auditors and government agencies. Report risk issues to senior management and advisory board members. Oversee the activities of the company’s outside auditors, maintain positive relations with them, and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Funding - Maintain positive banking relationships and represent the company with investment bankers and other investors. Determine optimal methods of financing. Work with the company’s banks to meet compliance and regulatory requirements for debt agreements and covenants as needed. Ensure that the company continues to have sufficient access to capital, liquidity, and funding sources and maintains prudent risk policies and exposures. Establish balance sheet management and forecasting discipline, policies, and procedures.
- A collaborative team player with at least 15 years of experience in accounting and finance in a manufacturing environment (produce, food, beverage or CPG experience a plus).
- At least 10 years in a financial leadership role.
- Strong leadership ability focused on mentorship, collaboration and team development.
- A strategic visionary with the ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and a strong operational focus.
- CPA and/or MBA highly desired.
This Job has a $2,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.