Senior Produce Buyer #3261
We are an established produce supplier that has a reputation for integrity, high-quality products, and excellent customer service.
We employ hardworking and goal-oriented produce individuals. We offer competitive salaries and the benefits that are unbeatable.
We are looking to add a Senior Produce Buyer to join the team. This individual will be responsible for direct day-to-day managing of our procurement team. Scope of responsibilities include: service level, inventory control, shrink, driving sales, interfacing with sales staff, sku assortment & item profitability.
- Oversight and responsibility of the procurement team.
- Customer-centered focus.
- Inventory management of commodities including quality, service level, discounting, and spoilage.
- Direct accountability for assuring we have competitive cost of goods.
- Actively seek out and communicate new and innovative items to our customer base.
- Proactively and aggressively seek out buying opportunities.
- Forecast ad and regular item volume needs based on promotional plans of our customer base.
- Monitor items for changes in sales trends.
- Walk coolers daily to evaluate quality and condition of items purchased.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with sales, warehousing and transportation departments.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and food safety.
- 3 years’ experience in Produce Procurement.
- Experience in Managing a direct report.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and accomplish team objectives.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.