Regional Sales Manager #3238S
Our client, a long-time successful and reputable fresh fruit packer-shipper, with headquarters in Southern California is focused on growth initiatives for the new year. They have created the new position of Eastern Regional Sales Manager to help drive this growth, along with program and promotions development. In this position, the ideal candidate will leverage their well-established network to identify, qualify, develop and manage new customers in the Eastern half of the US.
This is a job for an experienced RSM who has a proven balance of business development and customer management skills. Although this company has been around for years, they are growing and evolving. They are produce professionals whose attitude and work ethic match the company’s path to greater expansion and continuous improvement. The RSM is a vital addition to their FOB Sales Team and facilities across the country.
- Responsible for identifying, qualifying, and developing new customers in the Eastern U.S., in alignment with the company’s annual sales plan. Territory includes TX, OK, AR, MO, IA, MN, WI, IL, MI, IN, OH, KY, TN, AR, LA, MS, AL, ME, VT, NH, NY, MA, NJ, PA, MD, DE, WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, & FL.
- Plans and executes a recurring travel schedule for prospect customer qualification and development. Meets with targeted prospect customers to identify their needs, and effectively communicates our company’s capabilities. Establishes dialogue with prospect customers and maintains a persistence towards new customer development.
- Prepares and distributes prospect customer phone call/meeting recaps and follows the timeline established for all action and follow up items.
- Attends industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and events to meet with prospect customers.
- Meets with top customers to perform business reviews, sell in product line extensions, and to strengthen relationships. Prepares and distributes customer visit recaps and follows the timeline established for all action and follow up items.
- Works with the information from the marketing boards and commissions to understand their marketing programs and communicate to customers.
- Stays well informed on the fresh produce industry business trends, news and events. Shares information with Sales Management and keeps top customers informed.
- Runs and reviews customer sales and price performance reports using the sales reports database, customer reporting module, and Famous reporting system.
- Meets the objective of becoming the category expert for target and top customers.
- Establishes an interface with each top customer’s senior management team, and maintains an organization chart of their key people and decision makers.
- Prepares and executes quarterly and annual business reviews with the sales team and sales management.
- Actively works towards achieving annual bonus goal objectives (individual, sales team, and company objectives), and individual professional development goals.
- Works with the highest level of integrity and promotes a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
- Minimum 7 years of regional or national customer development experience, and a proven track record of success in the Retail, Wholesale, and Food Service segments.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Integrity, professionalism, reliability and strong work ethic.
- BA Degree highly preferred.
- Experience with a CRM system like Sales Force or Sales Cloud is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish and English is preferred, but not required.
- Relocation to the Dallas, Texas area preferred.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.