Senior Sales & Business Development #2918S
An innovative and cutting edge grower/shipper/packer of superior quality Medjool Dates is looking to hire an entrepreneurial and creative-minded Senior Sales and Business Development Professional. This is a ground floor opportunity in which the ideal candidate will play an integral role in building a business that is rich in resources, technology and human capital. Our client is looking for a long term hire. This is a special opportunity to work with a successful owner and team. Everything this company does is about being the best and ultimately providing first class quality.
The primary purpose of this new role is to develop new business, and then to grow that business and the respective customer relationships.
- Target and develop new accounts that fit the company profile.
- Develop programs tailored to the customer that will be successful for both parties – customer and our client’s company.
- Manage and nurture applicable customers
- Target opportunities to better serve existing accounts and grow that business.
- Execute strategies to better serve export accounts through US Exporters.
- Attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and events to meet with prospective and current customers and identify new prospect customers.
- Travel as needed for customer and business development.
- Consistently participate in monitoring aging product inventory and sell accordingly.
- Manage customer price quotes and volume allocations.
- Drive promotions and coordinate with operations relative to volumes, packs and ship-dates.
- Hold customers accountable to price, volume and date range commitments.
- At least 7 years of sales and business development experience in dates or similar category with an established book of business
- A proven track record of value-added produce sales, program sales, and new business development experience
- Ability to work within a small team, and be self-motivated
- A can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Amazing customer service skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness a must
- Willing to travel
- Relocation to the office in California or remote home office
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- BA/BS Degree preferred
This company will offer competitive package that includes a base salary plus bonus and benefits.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.