Marketing Manager #3369S
We are looking for a professional marketer with a passion for healthy and delicious food! Our client is located in the Coachella Valley, where renewable solar and geothermal resources are plentiful and support their produce operation.
The Marketing Manager will work closely with ownership and the sales team to ensure that marketing efforts are aligned with their aggressive sales initiatives. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for authoring and executing a marketing plan which includes defining and marketing the company culture, marketing to the public, keeping the company visible, and to ensure their unique brand promotes a favorable and positive image in the eyes of the produce industry, consumers and company. These efforts are also intended to differentiate their products and company from the competition.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career-minded marketing professional who can offer their creativity, knowledge and expertise in an innovative environment that is constantly evolving around the culinary consumer.
- Plan strategies and execute marketing designs and activities to establish and maintain brand presence
- Define product strategies and road maps to successful placement
- Complete SWOT analysis of brands and product lines
- Develop sales tools and collaterals
- Undertake packaging strategies and written goals for messaging on packaging, merchandising displays, POS and secondary labels
- Research labeling laws and regulations
- Audit top 5 competitors annually and present summary to management team
- Data support of consumer and category trends
- Develop effective product positioning in the market
- Conduct competitive strategic analysis, consumer segmentation and consumer insight development
- Develop a marketing / brand plan and financial analysis to describe cost benefit of activity
- Launch and oversee advertising and media planning
- Manage external resources and consultants
- Present company image to the community in local and industry events
- Author press releases for any relevant/noteworthy activity
- Trademark and Wordmark management
- Purchase marketable domains and maintenance of registration
- Manage external and internal communications of above responsibilities as needed (i.e. food safety, security issues, motivational presentations, etc.)
- Collaborate with the sales team to plan/execute strategies that drive sales and maximize performance targets in volumes and margins
- Collaborate with sales on customer communications and presentations as necessary
- Develop relationships with customers' Marketing and Advertising teams
- Manage and maintain product performance records in marketplace
- Create, maintain and shares master advertising budget and calendar with team
- Explore new marketing and advertising venues including coupons and other promotional ideas
- Monthly consumer newsletter
- Responsible for all creative enhancements and the budget and return on investment
- Create and maintain all marketing collateral, trademarks and branding packages
- Create and Implement customer satisfaction program, include VIP coupons
- Oversee tradeshow and event planning in regards to booth, marketing and sales collateral materials and attendance.
- Responsible for website maintenance, correspondence, and updates
- Create, implement and maintain an internal marketing plan and strategies to communicate our company values and mission to our employees
- Maintain all filing and correspondence rules and guidelines for internal record keeping of marketing materials
- BA Degree in Marketing degree or equivalent, Masters degree preferred
- The ability to get along and thrive in a diverse environment
- 5+ years of experience in Marketing Management
- Experience managing a team
- Produce industry or relative industry knowledge helpful
- CPG Experience a plus
- Strong strategic & analytical skills
- Innovative thinker
- Brand Management experience
- The ability to multi-task while working with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities to meet deadlines
- A proven track record of success and progression with excellent references
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.