Apple Orchard IPM Manager #3229S
We are a family owned and operated grower/packer/shipper of fresh apples, peaches and nectarines. Our family has operated our farms for over 100 years and it’s not uncommon to see three generations working together during the summer months!
We are currently searching for a full-time person to manage and administer our spray program. We are not just looking for another employee, we need someone with a strong work ethic and the skills to match! We like to work hard, get along and treat everyone with respect and authenticity. We’re ideally looking for someone who makes this their last career move and grows long-term with our operation.
In this role, you will work closely with a Partner and Owner as you make daily decisions involving which chemicals are most appropriate for each crop, while implementing IPM and economic factors in the decision making process. We use environmentally friendly integrated pest management practices with timed interventions to minimize the amount of spraying needed for quality fruit in our humid climate. Candidates should have extensive knowledge and experience in pest control involved in the growing of high quality apples and peaches.
- Scouts orchards and monitor crops for insect pests and plant diseases.
- Monitor weather and degree days relating to insect’s pests and plant diseases.
- Be onsite to administer the spray program and answer questions from applicators.
- Work with staff and senior management to accomplish all tasks.
- Insure compliance with all applicable government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience operating or managing a spray program on apples or peaches with a history of success.
- Ability to be dynamic in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, independent personality, ability to multi-task and manage both short and long-term goals.
- Exceptional computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Great organization with excellent planning and scheduling abilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.