- Ensures maintenance of driver qualification files.
- Investigates all accidents, maintains an accident file, tracks causes and takes appropriate preventative action.
- Understands and interprets DOT and other state and federal regulations.
- Directs and supervises the work and productivity of drivers and clerical associates within the transportation department.
- Ensures all drivers and other transportation department associates are appropriately trained in job duties as well as safety and legal responsibilities.
- Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement same.
- Schedules drivers for routes based on division devised methodology.
- Conducts routine Safety and Driver Meetings.
- Creates an atmosphere in which upward communication is encouraged and motivate associates to achieve department goals and objectives
- Possess Commercial Drivers License
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred but not required)
- Experience with fleet management software
- Experience with material safety data sheet information
- Prior experience managing the administration of shipments.
- Inventory control experience.
- Familiar with regulatory requirements (OSHA, DOT, etc.).
- Experience in a transportation/delivery environment.
- Prior leadership experience in a supervisory role.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.