Director of Marketing #3217
An established grower / shipper / packer of fresh fruits and nuts is in growth mode and is creating a new position to lead the Company’s marketing efforts in existing and soon-to-be launched product lines. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for working closely with the sales organization to develop business plans to drive growth at key accounts and help with the development of new business. The Director of Marketing will gain a deep understanding of category and consumer market trends, as well as a keen knowledge of the relative performance of The Company’s competitive products in the produce department of key accounts throughout North America and countries worldwide. This position will analyze the performance of individual key accounts against the category and recommend how these accounts can maximize their business performance with The Company’s existing line of products, new products and selected strategic promotions.
This position will also be responsible for extensive data analysis and the preparation of key account presentations. The Director of Marketing will work closely with Vice President of Sales and Marketing in developing the Company’s various Brands in the market place. Brand development experience is key to this position. The Director of Marketing will travel with sales team members to develop business with new customers through new channels or by augmenting The Company’s current business with existing customers.
Experience in fresh produce would be extremely helpful. This position is located in either Central Valley California, or San Francisco.
- Work with cross functional teams globally to successfully commercialize and launch products
- Manage and attend industry trade shows
- In partnership with the sales team, proactively visit customers to identify unmet needs and help initiate solutions (product, communications, etc.)
- Work with sales force to understand and build useful selling tools
- Develop and maintain the brand message, style and personality.
- Develop and maintain key messaging for our brands and for each product, as required, carrying this across all communications.
- Develop and maintain master marketing plan
- Develop customer presentations
- Develop and maintain various websites, social media platforms, and blogs
- Develop and execute content for all product launches
- Develop brand and customer specific materials
- Develop communication calendar and all content therein
- Manage ad buy and schedule and manage relationships with media as the contact person for all publications
- Plan and organize all of the work related to the marketing function within The Company, and create effective methods to regularly update senior management globally
- Help write key account business plans that outline current market dynamics and performance with a vision on how these can augment the business through The Company’s products and promotions. Prepare presentations to customers that clearly outline and quantify these opportunities.
- Act as the key interface with the marketing contacts at each customer and with relevant divisions
- Analyze market trends, market share and competitor information and derive insights and action plans based on this information. Prepare presentations for internal management to share data, insights and recommendations.
- Work closely with sales team to integrate overall brand strategies with detailed account understanding to develop in-store promotions that achieve incremental sales and consumer loyalty
- B.S. degree in Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in Consumer Package Goods Sales/Marketing. Food industry or grocery industry preferred
- Background in Fresh Produce helpful, preferred experience working with or in Account Management or Sales
- Understanding of global commerce and marketplace
- Proficient working knowledge of digital asset development, digital marketing, social media, website development and content management
- Willingness and desire to travel domestically and internationally
- Highly motivated, career oriented, strong relationship builder with an ability to recognize and create business opportunity.
- Able to work across various product lines while maintaining direction and priorities
- Able to work with minimal direction yet with a strong ability and desire to collaborate
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and prioritize/balance competing goals
- Requires knowledge, use and protection of highly confidential information inside and outside of the organization Excellent oral and written communication skills – must be able to communicate with a diversified group of employees in person and remotely, worldwide, and be willing to participate in all organizational development programs
- Keen sense of urgency and desire to remain informed
- Creative while also detail oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in all situations, get clarification and respond well to questions
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.