Manager Raw Material Food Safety & Quality
Manage the raw material food safety and quality inspection team. Maintain Approved Supplier Program for raw materials. Perform pre-planting and pre- harvest risk assessments on a percentage of the fields utilized for growing romaine, iceberg lettuce, cabbage, onion, tomatoes and baby spinach for Club Chef. Perform inspections of the harvesting, cooling, and packinghouse operations. Maintain a food safety and quality culture for Club Chef and its growers/ shippers.
This position can be based from a California home office but it will incorporate travel to growing and processing regions.
- Manages field team (trainers, inspectors)
- Evaluates potential suppliers for approval to Club Chef system
- Verifies suppliers are meeting Club Chef food safety and quality requirements
- Liaison between suppliers and plant QA and Procurement
- Maintains training program for Club Chef Inspectors/ Trainers to utilize when training growers/ harvesters
- Attend and participate in customer, industry meetings
- Annually, before planting, ensures risk assessments are performed on a minimum of 20% of the fields utilized for growing iceberg and romaine lettuce
- Annually, before harvesting, ensures risk assessment are performed on a minimum of 20% of the fields utilized for growing iceberg and romaine lettuce
- Each season, using the Club Chef Food Safety guidelines, performs documented internal audits/ assessments on the growers, packinghouses, coolers and harvest crews utilized by Club Chef
- Ensures harvest crew surveys are performed on leafy green harvest crews to verify the crews are following food safety guidelines
- Reports food safety and quality issues to Club Chef Director of Raw Material FS&Q and Director of Procurement
- Each season verifies field samplers (micro testing) are following Club Chef sampling procedure
- Work with growers and shippers to continuously improve food safety and quality of the supply chain
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Verification Suppliers are Meeting Approved Supplier Program or put on probation/ disqualified
- Completion of required assessments and verifications each season/ year
- Accurate Documentation
- Verification of grower/ harvester training adequacy
- Open Communication with Suppliers and Club Chef Facility Contacts
- Degree in Food Safety, Science or related field
- Ability to participate in Food Safety Conferences/ on Technical Committees
- Experience or training in auditing/ risk assessments
- Experience in growing, harvesting or processing produce
- Good Communication skills
- Willingness to travel, Up to 75% travel may be required
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.