Sales and Corporate Account Development
Church Brothers Farms is a vertically-integrated family owned and operated company that produces a full line of fresh vegetables year round with an in-house farming/harvest program and state of the art processing plant, True Leaf Farms. We are a grower-owned processor, farming the majority of our raw product ourselves; adhering to industry-leading food safety and quality standards. The Church family has a legacy of service and innovation; we deliver produce with passion.
We are looking for a Sales and Corporate Account Development in Salinas, CA.
This person will be responsible for building business relationships with new and existing customers in order to execute the sales strategy and sell our company product line. (U.S. and Canada territory.) This position will reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Identify sales strategies and develop existing business while seeking new business development opportunities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to support business development efforts.
- Responsible for building and executing the sales plan with assigned region/accounts.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Work closely with daily sales team to provide ongoing support to customers.
- Act as key point of contact for key accounts. Clearly communicate all problems surrounding customer service, pricing, supply and demand.
- Travel for in person engagement with existing and target customers.
- Execute and represent company at Trade/Customer shows.
- Provide monthly activity and status updates on business activities and development to management.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to successfully work and achieve goals with a minimum amount of direction and possess 'strong planning skills' to manage the business across multiple regions.
- Prior experience with successfully selling chain, national accounts.
- In-depth knowledge of customer service, sales principles and concepts, and key-customer sales methods and practices.
- A proven ability to recognize opportunities for business expansion within key-customers.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to negotiate and close sales.
- Strong written, oral and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, Excel, and Power Point).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years minimum, directly related experience in the Food Service, preferably within the food or fresh produce channel a plus.
- Experience in handling multiple regional territories.
- Experienced in public speaking, solution selling and relationship management.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.