Director of Supply Chain
Founded in 2001 by college friends Tony Shure and Colin McCabe, Chop’t Creative Salad Company is the creator and leader of the premium salad segment, and has expanded from its original location in New York City’s Union Square to include 40 locations in New York, Washington, D.C., Virginia, Maryland and Charlotte, North Carolina. Chop't is a small, fast-growing company with a core team of great people and tremendous opportunities.
Aiming to change the future of fast food, Chop’t pushes the boundaries of what a salad can be with its core menu of 14 Classics, 3 rotating Seasonal Specials, 25 homemade, small-batch dressings, and limited-time-only “Super Seasonals” that feature local produce only at its peak.
- Responsible for vendor management. Professionally manage suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
- Manage all supply chain related issues. Ensure that all required goods at restaurants and commissaries are available when necessary.
- Research and identify new products that meet business objectives. Forecast requirements and order products to meet sales demands.
- Set up vendor review processes to hold vendors accountable for proper deliveries, quality and pricing.
- Research and develop new sources of supply consistent with the company’s business objectives.
- Implement strategic planning activities to ensure long term supply and cost savings. Manage the RFP process.
- Keep informed of economic, industrial and other trends that affect markets, prices, and delivery conditions.
- Maintain all product specifications and update on a continual basis.
- Monitor price changes for suppliers in all markets and provide detailed historical information as necessary.
- Provide analysis of actual and theoretical COGS.
- Provide analysis of all sales activity to ensure the correct decisions are made relative to menu engineering to optimize customer satisfaction, sales, and profits.
- Assist with other F&B related projects as necessary to include administrative responsibilities.
- 3-5 years Foodservice Supply Chain buying experience.
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision making skills.
- A desire to drive continuous improvement in self and others.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Must have a sense of urgency and be able to work under pressure, be comfortable in a fast-paced, metrics-driven environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.