Charlie’s Produce is a local produce distributor servicing our Northwest market for 30 years. We have distribution centers in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. We are a growing company with more than 950 employees.
We offer competitive wages and benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and employee profit sharing programs to full time employees. Parking is available on site; and we are located along major bus routes on 1st Ave S./ Spokane Street.
We invite you to join our team! We are currently recruiting for a full time Banana Ripener in our Seattle produce distribution center.
Shift: 6am – 2:30pm (shifts may include weekends).
This position requires at least 2 years of experience in banana ripening processes. This would include determining the product’s disposition at arrival and what the best practice would be to manage that fruit. This position also requires experience in multiple product categories and color chart expectations.
This is a fast-paced environment where the volume of inventory requires a high level of tracking and following proper procedures using the warehouse management system to maintain inventory integrity by following best practices. The ripening specialist role is responsible to maintain a daily inventory of all commodities assigned with special attention to maintaining the proper color chart or ripeness level expectations with very low tolerance for variance.
- Daily Inventory for all item codes under job responsibility
- Check Banana or other commodity that is ripened upon arrival.
- Ripening Banana or other commodity according to SOPs.
- Proper planning for timely delivery and fill rate of all item codes involving ripened commodities.
- Conduct quality check, sorting & grading of Banana in warehouse and thereafter managed rejection.
- Monitoring availability of stock, making appropriate arrangements to ensure on time deliveries.
- Checked with proper scheduled guidelines in ripening status.
- 2 years of experience in banana ripening processes
- Experience in multiple product categories and color chart expectations
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.