Tropicals Category Manager
As a Regional Category Manager (RCM) you’ll be accountable for developing and growing the Tropicals category within the Southeast region, playing a critical role in shaping overall direction and supply plan. You’ll be the go-to person on both strategic and tactical issues related to Tropicals as you work to develop 52-week programs, with primary alignment to the retail and wholesale verticals. This is a highly visible, collaborative role, involving direct interaction with sales, account management, customers, growers and leadership, and as such, excellent communication skills are needed to establish credibility and develop positive working relationships that drive business activity.
We offer a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid holidays and vacation, disability insurance, life insurance, 401K with company match, profit sharing, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and the opportunity to prosper in a growing Fortune 500 company.
- Represent and communicate the needs and supply requirements of the region within the category.
- Develop category programs that maximize net revenue opportunities while growing customer penetration and grower/vendor support.
- Support business development activity and own pipeline both in terms of existing customer penetration and new/new activity.
- Oversee the day to day management of the category including communication, execution, service levels-both directions, project management, contract proposals, new target quoting, and reporting.
- Provide monthly and quarterly result reports related to the category.
- Develop category target plans for top accounts with Account Managers/Category Managers for greater penetration.
- Own daily, promotional, and contract pricing decisions.
- Support and help drive company branded sales programs.
- Focus on innovation within the category by establishing a truly differentiated through packaging and varietals; offering to match the market and customer needs.
- Work with Category Managers to help develop supply chains to grow sales while providing profitable returns to grower/vendor network.
- Manage and develop local, regional, or customer specific supply chains in coordination with Category Managers.
- Communicate local and regional programs to other RCMs for additional sales opportunities.
- Consistently provide education to all internal sales and account managers throughout the region.
- Be a positive role model for Robinson Fresh within the category in the broader industry.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years fresh produce experience preferred (in buying and selling roles), with experience in tropicals preferred.
- 3+ years category management experience at the retail level preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the retail vertical.
- Strategic and creative thinking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer/supplier service skills.
- High degree of knowledge of the grower/ shipper side of the industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid financial acumen.
- Strong team player.
- Travel up to 40%, including international travel to LATAM grower sites.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.