A family owned grower/shipper strawberry company, founded in 1979, Central West is a diversified vertically integrated company located in Santa Maria, Ca growing and selling strawberries in all three main districts of California as well as Central Mexico and Florida. This rapidly growing company specializing in conventional and organic strawberries is in need of sales support to maintain the excellent customer service that has contributed to the sustained growth of the company.
We are adding a Sales Coordinator to our team in Santa Maria, CA.
The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills and be detail oriented. We need someone with experience working in a high tempo environment where weekend and overtime hours may be required during peak season.
- Assist sales team with administrative tasks common to a centralized sales team, including managing order process and reporting needs.
- Manage accurate sales order data entry, order shipment and/or delivery verifications within the various software systems including Famous, EDI, and Ecommerce portals.
- Focus on orderly daily sales processes, responding to customer inquiries, assist with sales promotions, direct calls, and verify shipments or deliveries on a daily basis.
- Maintain reports and documents affiliated with harvest estimates and sales forecasting.
- Collaborative partnership with Sales Representatives.
- Strong organizational, time management, and planning skills are necessary.
- This position works in a fast-paced, continually changing environment where teamwork and strong communication skills are required, both verbal and written.
- Detailed orientated.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information technology.
- Some weekend and overtime hours are required depending on operational needs and season peaks.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.