Human Resources Manager
Established, family- owned agricultural company Central West Produce seeks a highly motivated, driven, and experienced Human Resource Manager to contribute to the growth of their company. Located in Santa Maria, Central West Produce grows strawberries in all three main districts of California Santa Maria, Oxnard, and Salinas.
The Human Resources Manager will be instrumental in enabling efficient and effective ways to deliver standard employee services to our organization. You will provide strategic direction and implement innovative Human Resources practices and policies and assist in determining the most impactful shared services strategy for Human Resources. In addition to facilitating efficient Human Resources operations to meet current and future needs, you will be responsible to deliver an exceptional employee experience and will play an important role in supporting and driving process improvements across the organization. There will be a large amount of change management involved in this role, as a new Human Resources operating model is brought to life.
- Responsible for the maintenance of personnel and confidential files and associated questions and requests for field employees.
- Supports the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and standards through written material such as the employee handbook, training and consistent communication.
- Ensures company compliance with all wage and hour laws and other regulatory agencies.
- Assist in benefit enrollment of eligible employees and answers employee benefit questions.
- Investigate, document and resolve employee complaints.
- Counsels employees and management at all levels, on employee relations issues; applies both specialized expertise and a broader Human Resources knowledge framework to define problems, and desired outcomes.
- Ability to exercise good and cautious judgment and effectively interface with all types of people professionally.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Human Resources Certification and/or Associated Degree preferred or 3-5 years of recent experience in related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to read, write, translate, and communicate effectively in the English and Spanish languages (required).
- Excellent knowledge in both State and Federal employment laws with strong California Labor Law experience with the ability to manage and over-see employment issues related to Agriculture/Farm Labor.
- Strong Office Suite skills (Excel/Word required).
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills to a fast-paced high-energy environment.
- High degree of integrity, confidentiality, and organization skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and present information to large groups.
- Ability to maintain strong levels of business etiquette, especially in highly confidential and sensitive interactions.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.