Quality Assurance Supervisor
Responsible for the overall daily compliance to assure Food Safety and Product Quality and the supervision of Quality Assurance staff.
- Develop, review and update Food Safety and Product Quality assurance related SOPs i.e. Raw Material and Finished Product inspection documents
- Assist with the management of Food Safety Programs i.e. FSMA preventive controls, Allergen Management, Environmental Pathogen monitoring etc.
- Host 2nd, 3rd Party and regulatory audits
- Manage specification and labeling process to ensure compliance to regulatory and customer requirements
- Significant engagement with raw / ingredients suppliers to ensure compliance to Finished Product Labeling requirements
- Conduct investigation of customer complaints to determine root cause and preventive measures to customers’ satisfaction
- Ensure compliance to customer’s specifications and specification documents requirements
- Ensure review of Food Safety & Product Quality Assurance documents necessary for customer and inspection submissions e.g. daily record review for conformance to SOPs and specifications
- Responsible for all Food Safety and Product Quality Document Control
- Monitor performance of Food Safety and Product Quality Systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Ensure compliance to Kosher specifications requirements as applicable
- Supervise and coordinate QA technicians’ tasks and activities.
- Assist QA Manager in aligning processes and employee performances
- Organize and maintain retain / shelf life evaluations and microbiological testing
- Initiate and actively participate in mock recall exercise
- Communicate Food Safety and Product Quality related information with internal and external customers as applicable
- Superior / Excellent Customer Satisfaction Index
- Superior / Excellent Food Safety and GMP audit scores
- Improved staffs’ technical skills
- College degree required in food science or related area
- 2-3 Years in a USDA manufacturing environment, preferably in Food Manufacturing
- Have completed HACCP training and competent to implement and maintain HACCP based Food Safety Plans i.e. SQF Practitioner
- Have Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the SQF 2000 Standards
- Minimum of two years of Customer and 3rd party GMP and Food Safety audits
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills, Excel, Word, Data Base management
- Must be able to manage projects from beginning to end
- Must be able to handle flexible schedule
- Must have a sense of urgency
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.