We are looking to add a Warehouse Manager to add to the team in Oxnard, CA.
Under the direction of the Director of Operation, the Warehouse Manager will provide leadership to warehouse department by developing and implementing short range plans and identifying goals and objectives to meet the plant's vision, mission and long range strategic plans. This individual will be expected to develop high performing work teams to effectively meet the changing needs of the business. The Warehouse Manager will ensure timely and cost effective accomplishments of the Sales goals and financial objectives.
- Analyze the Business Unit financial results and determine variance from standards and correct the conditions causing variances both direct and indirect cost. Warehouse Manager will do the analysis on a weekly frequency.
- Participate in the annual capital budget process for improvement, equipment modification and expansion of the division to meet sales demand.
- Administer the expenditure of budgetary funds to carry on business unit operations.
- Achieve annual budget and financial targets.
- Analyze all cost (COGS) and make recommendations to improve margin performance.
- Develop improved techniques and submit recommendations to the Plant Director of Operations; these recommendations must include the necessary justifications.
- Conduct a continuous cost reduction program throughout the business unit.
- Administer a program for safety, good manufacturing practices, and preserve the facilities and maintain compliance with policies and procedures of regulatory agencies.
- Maintain the building, equipment and grounds in good operating condition and appearance by utilizing the business unit resources, plant maintenance, and sanitation.
- Review major complaints from customers for the purpose of defining the actual problem resolving the complaint and determining where emphasis should be placed to prevent reoccurrence.
- Responsible for effective communication throughout the organization when business unit performance will impact internal customers.
- Business Unit Leader is to select, train, develop, motivate, manage and control a subordinate staff and ensure efficient operations and maximum service.
- Administer personnel policy in accordance with corporate policy and procedures.
- Coordinate all business unit activities to maximize utilization of personnel and capital resources.
- Provide coaching, training, and feedback for each supervisor of the team. Develop formalized action plans which detail the supervisor’s areas for growth.
- Develop cost impact analysis of labor due to raw product quality and recommend short term and long term solutions.
- Together with Sales and Marketing, evaluate customer requests for new products and/or modifications, recommending costing or non-action. To propose elimination of customers, products or services when in the best interest of the company (if applicable).
- Maintain proper staffing levels as volume fluctuates which may require shift consolidation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Must have a B.S Degree in Business, Engineering, Quality or Equivalent Related Experience.
- Must have at least 5 to 7 years operations experience of increasing responsibility in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environments.
- Must have strong leadership/interpersonal skills overseeing large teams.
- Must have strong analytical/critical thinking.
- Must have strong accountability and follow-through skills.
- Must be computer literate (Microsoft office) and have multi- systems experience with extended ERP system knowledge.
- Must be able to manage salary associates.
- Must be able to interact and collaborate with peers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends.
- Pluses: Post Graduate Degree, Bilingual in Spanish.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.