As Boskovich Farms has grown, so has its legacy in carrying on the tradition of family business. We are now in our 4th generation of family farmers. We grow on more than 16,000 acres in California and Mexico, producing about 30 different vegetable crops year-round, with shipping points in Salinas, CA, and Yuma, AZ.
We are currently looking for a Purchasing Manager to join our family in Oxnard, CA.
This position is responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of non-produce materials to support daily operational needs. Ensure there is supply to meet company and customer demands and maintain optimum inventory levels. The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for establishing and maintaining good supplier relationships, excellent quality, and continuously identify opportunities and improvements.
- Issue Purchase Orders for California and Mexico operations.
- Work with Production and Sales departments to Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Manage Inventory for Packaging materials, seed and other items to meet demand forecast.
- Forecast price and market trends to identify opportunities and risks.
- Interface with Management regarding vendor performance and pricing.
- Train, supervise and direct the purchasing team, assign projects, monitor performance, and perform hands-on functions as a needed.
- Coordinate with Management, Marketing and Sales Department on new product packaging and packaging modifications.
- Recommend changes and improvements to Purchasing SOPs.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- 5 years recent purchasing experience for a manufacturer.
- Excellent negotiating, analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities and short deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and with the team.
- Must use good judgment and strategic business skills in solving problems.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.