We are looking for a Maintenance Manager in Oxnard, CA.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. The Maintenance Manager will follow corporate policies with regards to all plant maintenance activities including storeroom operations, maintenance and fabrication.
- Ensures that Maintenance supervisors enforce all corporate safety procedures and comply with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Supports the Corporate safety IIPP program and ensures all documentation is gathered and submitted as required by the IIPP program.
- Reviews all Accident investigation reports and ensures that corrective actions are issued when necessary.
- Enforces safety rules compliance and ensures safe practices are followed by all Maintenance personnel.
- Enforces equipment Lockout Tag-out practices.
- Ensures that all Maintenance contractors follow corporate Safety procedures and their insurance coverage complies with corporate requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring that Safety talks are conducted and documented, and safety training is provided to all maintenance associates on a regular basis.
- Reviews the mechanic utilization reports and initiates actions that lead to the improvement of mechanic effectiveness.
- Reviews maintenance work backlogs and prioritizes jointly with the Maintenance Supervisors schedules to support operation’s needs.
- Reviews equipment downtime reports and takes action to improve equipment performance.
- Ensures effective communication between all Maintenance personnel.
- Evaluates critical part requirements to maintain equipment, approves minimum on hand quantities to ensure that parts are available to minimize out-of-service time.
- Audits Preventive Maintenance programs on an on-going basis and makes changes to improve reliability and reduce maintenance costs.
- Ensures that equipment history is developed through the implementation and upkeep of a work order in the ERP system.
- Evaluates the Preventive Program effectiveness by analyzing maintenance costs and equipment downtime.
- Ensures that the computerized inventory program (ERP) is utilized on a daily basis.
- Reviews storeroom and OEM consignment inventory (when applicable) to ensure accuracy.
- Ensures that all maintenance and housekeeping is maintained at high standards.
- Audits the maintenance shop and ensures that tools and equipment are stored properly.
- Audits the chemicals storage practices to ensure proper labeling according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Must be an active participant of the internal food safety audit team and plant safety audit team.
- Develops the Maintenance department training needs and ensures that adequate funding is allocated to support the identified needs.
- Develops back-up positions to ensure continuity during vacation periods and reduce overtime requirements.
- Ensures that chemical handling and proper storage training is provided to all mechanics on a continuous basis.
- Audits training program and provides feedback as necessary.
- Reviews all expenditures higher than $1,000 and ensures that competitive bids are obtained for services in excess of $2,500 including freight cost.
- Reviews mechanic overtime reports and takes actions to improve manpower utilization.
- Reviews Facility budgets, approves and submits them for approval.
- Reviews spending on a weekly basis and ensures that it is within the budgeted amounts.
- Promotes and maintains positive relationships between all levels of management and maintenance associates.
- Reviews and approves all corrective actions.
- Prepares and issues performance reviews to all associates under his supervision.
- Will enter various refrigerated areas of the plant to evaluate maintenance activities. Stay in the refrigerated areas may be for extended periods of time during emergencies and extended equipment downtime periods.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering or Business Administration.
- 10+ years of experience in management.
- Requires advanced knowledge in managing maintenance department.
- Must have in depth knowledge of preventive maintenance, program development and implementation, maintenance work prioritization and scheduling.
- Must have working knowledge of operating budgets and knowledge in analyzing and forecasting variances.
- Must have working knowledge of computers, working with spreadsheets and ERP software programs.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Cal OSHA, FDA, GMP and AQMD requirements as they pertain to maintenance activities as a consumer goods processing facility.
- Must gather all required permit documentation that pertains to facility maintenance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasional driving, requiring clean DMVR.
- Ability to climb stairs numerous times.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.