Production Supervisor - Vegetables
Betteravia Farms Production is currently searching for a Production Supervisor - Vegetables in Santa Maria, CA. Working with the Area Manager and the Production Manager, the candidate will direct and manage all business unit resources to successfully deliver results in quality, cost, safety, service, and people (associate morale). They will have the ability to develop high performing work teams that meet the changing needs of the business. They will have full accountability of product costs and will maximize productivity opportunities that lead to continuous improvement and accomplishing financial objectives.
- Implement and adhere to planting and pre-irrigation schedules.
- Responsible for the quality management of crop production to include: Irrigation, Cultivation, Weeding, Thinning, Fertilization, and Ground Preparation.
- Responsible for managing crop production within budget perimeters (Fertilizer, Labor, Inputs).
- Responsible for the daily management and oversight of : Developing effective weekly production plans, Execution of company farming practices, Ground work, Irrigation, Cultivation, and Fertilization.
- Responsible for coordinating and collaborating with harvest to determine harvest date(s), Irrigation Schedules, and Crop Quality.
- Responsible for working with Alejandro on ground timing and ground prep method (conventional or minimum till).
- Responsible for the management and coordination between ranches of all ranch assets: Equipment, Tape, Labor, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance in Food Safety, Worker Safety, Employee Relations, and all Governmental Regulatory Compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate crew levels to ensure production demands are met.
- Responsible for routine communications with Pest Control Advisors.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and performance assessments of designated personnel.
- Responsible for financial analysis/reporting, budgets, and establishing metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vegetable Production experienced desired.
- Teamwork: Demonstrated teamwork. Ability to work well with others.
- Communication: Bilingual ability. Communicates well with others both verbal and written. Interacts well with all departments. Collaborates routinely.
- Dependability and Responsibility: Is dependable and accepts responsibility for his/her role to meet deadlines.
- Attendance, Policies and Procedures: Maintains good attendance and upholds all company policies and procedures with the highest integrity.
- Problem Solving and Motivation: Identifies and solves problems with prompt decisions and monitors results to meet objectives.
- Productivity and Time Management: Achieves productivity goals, manages time wisely and maintains low error rate.
- Organization & Leadership Skills: Plans and organizes projects in a timely manner. Establishes priorities with employees and/or appropriate parties. Communicates well with management.
- Strong computer skills required: Advanced Excel (Ability to execute Pivot Tables and Link Spreadsheets).
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.