Risk Management/Loss Control Specialist
A growing Risk Management/Insurance Services firm is looking for a motivated person to perform risk management, human resources and loss control services for clients. We do business with a multitude of agriculture companies throughout the central coast.
As a risk management/loss control specialist you'll provide risk management supervision and training to employers with moderate to complex risk. You'll evaluate the business operations and set in place a program to promote employee safety and minimize insurance claims.The ideal candidate for this position will have agriculture experience and knowledge in their background. A produce professional with HR or safety experience would make a great addition to this company!
- You'll conduct site visits and safety evaluations to collect research for loss trend reports and schedule additional inspections.
- You'll work alongside employers to develop and implement risk management programs along with providing sound recommendations for improving the frequency and severity of future claims.
- Your communication will be internal and external including, but not limited to, presenting at conferences, running training seminars, and writing articles on safety issues for publication.
- You’ll also provide human resources audits and employee benefits assistance to employers.
- A bachelor's degree in related field is preferred plus two (2) or more years of experience in loss control or risk management; specifically provide detailed safety experience for agricultural related businesses preferred.
- Additional industry designations or certifications is preferred.
- Frequent travel is needed to visit employers and make on-site inspections and deliver training.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Open to personal growth and education.
- Reliable Transportation with Valid Driver’s License and Auto Insurance.
- Able to pass a background check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook Manager).
- Able to begin working immediately.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.