The Account Manager will continuosly be monitoring truck movements including loading, cross country, and deliveries. This will include working with the Transportation Coordinators on dispatching trucks for orders, coordinating loading appointments, assisting with rapid loading, daily progress updates, eliminating delays, posting customers on truck progress, delivery appointments, and on time deliveries.
The Account Manager will have customer contact, solicitate orders, be aware of market supply and demand conditions, order availability, and truck availability.
You would also be responsible for accurate and complete file maintenance and documentation from the beginning of each load, until the truck delivers, payment reconciliation. This will be particularly important in the case of rate discrepancies or claims for delays, shortages, damages, or unspecified accessorial charges. Negotiate freight rates to Carriers and to Customers making sure there is profit on each load.
Keep particularly good notes on any file where a problem may arise so that we have the best chance of recovering any losses from an insurance company or in court from a carrier or customer.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients
- Cultivate new business
- Rate loads for current and prospective clients
- Arrange for freight transportation using the services of properly authorized AFS, Inc. carriers
- Prepare bills of lading and other necessary paperwork for all freight moved
- Review credit limits and terms extended to clients by AFS, Inc.
- Assist in investigation and reporting of claims
- Resolve client conflicts
- Provide follow-up customer satisfaction with clients as needed
Specific Responsibilities in TruckMate Software Program:
- Print out your own orders
- Create FB in CServ
- Get blank file
- Write FB’s and Carrier rate on file
- Write any additional info or directions on file for TC
- Turn into TC dept
- After trip is delivered audit file and verify all rates
Standard work hours are Monday thru Friday 8 am to 5 pm unless otherwise required to complete objectives. Sometimes we find it necessary to come in for a couple hours on Saturdays during our busy periods or seasons, or if problems arise that require that additional effort.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.