Regional Produce Specialist
Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, the Amerifresh name has been synonymous with quality and consistency for the past century. Our heritage includes one of the broadest and longest continually packed produce brands in existence, Snoboy. From humble beginnings in the Northwest, Amerifresh has grown into one of the largest produce marketing companies in the country. Amerifresh is a division of Services Group of America. SGA is one of the nation's largest privately-held companies comprised of businesses which provide a broad array of food solutions to a wide spectrum of customers.
Amerifresh is currently seeking a Regional Produce Specialist to join our corporate team. This position is being filled in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Successful candidates will report to Amerifresh Corporate Headquarters in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Collaborate with Strategic Business Units (SBU's) to promote and maximize produce sales opportunities at the broadline distribution/restaurant level.
- Develop sales strategies, tactics and techniques based on the feedback of the customer and marketplace environment.
- Develop and implement customized solutions, based on customer need and sales growth possibilities.
- Maximize work relationships with key SBU Associates (Sales level up to SBU VP level).
- Grow existing customer account list and provide lead generation reports.
- Provide ongoing analysis of sales performance against market developments and corporate objectives.
- Continually update Amerifresh leadership on changing market trends and needs accumulated from customer contact.
- This position requires up to 50% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Agriculture or related field.
- Produce industry experience required (7 Years minimum).
- Growth and sales oriented and the ability to work and succeed in a team atmosphere.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Energetic, aggressive, outgoing professional attitude/personality.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and drug test.
- In depth understanding of food service environments, challenges, trends, and needs.
- In depth understanding of supply chain dynamics to optimize the interactive customer experience.
- Proven ability to interact effectively with Senior Executives.
- Ability to focus selling message on needs of customer.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer program skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong training and presentation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.