Quality Control Inspector
As part of the 3rd generation, family-owned company, The AMC Group now run by sons, Alvaro, head of all fresh produce operations and Antonio Jr., head of juice operations. The AMC Group’s extensive expertise in fruit production combined with our industry leading retail programs has elevated our reputation in the global fresh produce supply chain, solidifying relationships with key retailers and premiere growers around the world.
Our mission is to bring the world’s finest fruit to our customers’ shelves with innovative marketing solutions that benefit retailers and growers alike.
We are looking for a Quality Control Inspector in Glassboro, New Jersey.
The quality control inspector must work diligently to ensure that the fruit is carefully inspected and the detailed information is accurately recorded. In a fast-paced environment, the quality control inspector must be organized and finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Inspect imported fresh fruit on arrival and periodically while in cold storage to ensure compliance with established USDA standards.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with USDA representatives, buyers/bird dogs, warehouse employees, sales managers, shippers, and growers.
- Coordinates and/or participates in product checking and repacking operations. Assists in quality control inspections for these operations.
- Monitors the condition and quality of products in inventory.
- Assists in the selection of products for customer shipments and the managing of good rotation practices.
- Coordinates operations to correct damaged packaging to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Documents information and related quality control reports in accordance with standards, deadlines and company requirements.
- Works with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates decisiveness and confidence.
- Promotes a customer-focused culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
- Flexible and open to new ways of doing things.
- Experience as an USDA Inspector, a plus!
- Knowledge of basic food safety systems.
- Good organizational and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently, make appropriate decisions and communicate clearly.
- Ability to be on-call and to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to travel locally and have the use of their own car.
- At least 2 years of related experience in quality inspection within produce or related industry.
- Knowledge of USDA grade standards, methods and techniques of produce inspection.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.