Owned by Jim Alderman Sr., Alderman Farms has been producing beautiful organic and conventionally farmed produce in Florida for over 30 years. Our 300-acre organic farm is located in Loxahatchee, Florida, with our other farms spreading from Delray Beach to Boynton Beach, Florida.
We are looking for a Packinghouse Manager in Boynton Beach, FL.
As the Packinghouse Manager, you will assist the Director/Owner in daily functions; ensure that daily functions of packing and shipping personnel are carried out according to guidelines, resulting in an efficient process; train and direct packinghouse employees in the movement of merchandise through the department within specified productivity, cost, and quality standards.
This person will ensure produce is packed according to the highest standards, and sale orders completed as directed. This person has direct supervision for packinghouse personnel including produce receiving, stackers and forklift drivers, box department, graders, and maintenance personnel.
- Plans out the day of packing based on priorities of orders. Familiar with Famous Software. Checks orders in the computer for revisions.
- Oversees all packing personnel. Ensures minimum productivity standards are being met.
- Checks quality of produce before shipping.
- Inspects boxes packed regularly.
- Ensures employees are ready to work emphasizing maximum safety, efficiency and productivity during work schedule.
- Supervises inventory of product.
- Creates reports as needed.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Reviews payroll hours for accuracy.
- Attends meetings when required.
- Completes annual performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Responsible for disciplinary action procedures for direct reports. Also, responsible for hiring and termination decisions for area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the role of supervisor or manager in a produce packing facility.
- Warehouse experience and knowledge of fruit or vegetable care.
- Ability to handle people under high-stress situations.
- High noise level.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Basic Computer skills.
- Must be able to work long hours.
The ideal candidate will be bilingual and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a supervisor or manager in a produce packing facility.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.